Şimdiki Zaman (Olumlu)

Şimdiki Zaman (Present continuous tense)

Turkish continuous tenses are formed by adding suffix to the end of the verb. Suffixes for the Şimdiki Zaman are : yor, ıyor, iyor, uyor, üyor. There are also four different suffixes and also the same you have to choose the right one according to the last vowel in the verbs. 

a ı - ıyor

e i - iyor

o u - uyor

ö ü - üyor

Let's drive into an example, "Gelmek" which means "to come" in English. So, it will be 

"Geliyorum" which means "I am coming". Gel is a fiil kökü(verb root), iyor is Şimdiki zaman and um is kişi eki which means suffix for person that's why it means I am coming.

Ben geliyorum. I am coming.

Sen gidiyorsun. You are going.(Gitmek - to go)

O yapıyor. He is doing. (Yapmak - to do)

Biz yazıyoruz. We are writing. (Yazmak - to write)

Siz dinliyorsunuz. You are listening. (Dinlemek - to listen)

Onlar konuşuyor(lar). They are talking. (Konuşmak - to talk)

NOTE : Do not forget to chage ''t'' to ''d'' like I mentioned aboved ''gidiyorsun'' and when the verbs are ended with vowels you have to remove the vowels and add şimdiki zaman suffixes. As an example : Dinlemek - this verb is ended with ''e'' which is a vowel. Therefore, remove that vowel ''e'' and add şimdiki zaman suffixes ''iyor'' according to the remaining vowel which is ''i''.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kaynaştırma harfleri

Saat kaç?

Yönelme hal eki